- The Bible is the inspired word of God , and it is truth without error. Studying and applying God’s Word will change your life!
2 Timothy 3:16-17: 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.God is one God revealed in three persons- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We call this the Trinity.
- God is one God revealed in three persons- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. We call this the Trinity.
1 Thessalonians 1:4-10: 4 For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. 6 You became imitators of us and of the Lord; in spite of severe suffering, you welcomed the message with the joy given by the Holy Spirit. 7 And so you became a model to all the believers in Macedonia and Achaia. 8 The Lord’s message rang out from you not only in Macedonia and Achaia—your faith in God has become known everywhere. Therefore we do not need to say anything about it, 9 for they themselves report what kind of reception you gave us. They tell how you turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God, 10 and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead—Jesus, who rescues us from the coming wrath.
- Jesus Christ is the virgin-born Son of God who died for our sins, rose bodily from the grave and is coming again
1 Corinthians 15:1-8: 1 Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. 3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Peter,[b] and then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, 8 and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.
- Forgiveness of sins and Salvation is by Jesus Christ alone. To receive Him, one must recognize that they are a sinner, turn from their sin, place their trust in Jesus who died for them, and confess their faith.
John 3:16: “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 10:9: That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Salvation is maintained by the grace and power of God, not by the self-effort of the Christian. All who are saved cannot lose their salvation and those who are not saved will suffer eternal punishment.
John 10:28-30: 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[a]; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”